Thursday, February 23, 2006

Waterfalls visited in January 2006

My waterfall total for January 2006 is 2.

Castle Rock Falls

I visited Castle Rock Falls on the 15th in Castle Rock State Park. This waterfall has particular significance to me because it was the first waterfall that I ticked-off in my California Waterfalls book. That first visit was in July 2003. I have definitely come a long way fitness wise, this trail took everything out of me the first time I took it. It is a short trail (not even 2 miles RT) with only 200 ft of elevation change. It was really nice to see how much progress I have made, this time the trail was no difficulty at all, I just had a pleasant stroll!



Stairstep Falls

I visited this waterfall on the 22nd. This was the first time I had been to the other side of Samuel P. Taylor State Park (I had always been to the picnic area/campground). When I was younger, this park used to be one of my family's more popular destinations for camping and picnicking but I never knew that there was a waterfall here. I am glad that I took the time to see this waterfall. It was a really nice little hike to get to it.

No comments: