Sunday, February 26, 2006

Waterfall Rating System

It has been suggested to me by several people that I should start my own waterfall rating system. That's a pretty good idea so let me explain how I am going to set up that rating system (and what makes it unique from other rating systems I have been exposed to).

It seems like most of the other rating systems take several criteria in to consideration such as location/difficulty in accessing the waterfall and/or volume, height, ect. I want to base my ratings on one thing... the way the waterfall makes me feel when I am standing near it. I have seen a lot of waterfalls in the last couple of years from famous waterfalls to little known unnamed waterfalls. Each waterfall has been quite enjoyable (well, as long as they had water in them) but there are definite differences in the way each one has made me feel.

So... my rating system is as follows:

5 - When you stand next to the waterfall all you can think is WOW with your mouth hanging open.
4 - The waterfall still has the WOW element but you aren't paralyzed in wonder.
3 - The waterfall is pleasant to look at and feels good to be around but doesn't have the WOW factor.
2 - The waterfall is nice and worth it to see once but I would not go out of my way to see it again.
1 - The waterfall is somewhat disappointing and unimpressive.

With that said, stay tuned for future posts with my ratings attached!

No comments: