Saturday, September 16, 2006

Random stuff...

The past couple of weeks have been very interesting. A lot has happened, see below for details:

1) After much soul searching and debate, Baxter was returned to the breeder where he found another family (a little girl and a stay at home mom it sounds like). This was exactly what he needs. My household would not have provided the attention that he so deserves. Having a puppy was cool but it is better for all parties that he found another home. He will be missed but I am relieved that I am not tied down by a dog.

2) I attended my company picnic last Saturday. This year it was held at Angel Island. I managed to talk Louis in to attending this function and invited one of his co-workers who brought his girlfriend as well. The food was tasty and the ferry ride out to the island was very nice. I missed out on the rootbeer floats though because I was a bit too cold. Saturday night, the four of us also went to a Dragonforce concert at the Warfield in San Francisco. There were three bands that played that night: Horse The Band, All That Remains, and Dragonforce. The seats we had were great but the bands required a lot of audience participation. I like Dragonforce's music but I was not really in to all the participation. The show they put on was a bit over the top to say the least. Very theatrical but a bit cheeky.

3) The next thing that happened was that I received an unexpected promotion. This means that I will be really busy until around February but that is okay. I am looking forward to the challenge!

4) The newest happening in my life is that I purchased a new vehicle today! It is a black Mercedes ML 350 with a black leather interior. It will be arriving this week. I will miss my BMW a bit - it was a good car - but I needed a change. It was much more practical for me to have a SUV than a sedan at this point. Pictures will follow!

1 comment:

Treats said...

Ooohh, fancy car lady! I'm first in line for a ride around the block!!!!