Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July trip to Hong Kong

I am yet again suffering from insomnia. This time it is really bad because I am still battling jet lag from my trip last week to Hong Kong. With that said, I figured that since I am up anyway I might as well be productive and write about my trip.

This is the second time I have been to Hong Kong. Last July I attended a finance meeting that included the various finance managers and guests for the international division of the company I work for. This year I was fortunate to be invited to attend the same meeting. I really enjoyed the opportunity to be able to be part of the meeting and found it very informative. It was nice to get to see old and meet new members of the finance manager group . Enough about that though, I am sure you all don't want to hear about some stuffy finance meeting.

What you do want to hear about is the recreational stuff I got to see! I was there for a week but I didn't have an extra day there like I did last year. The one thing I have to say about Hong Kong is that the food is wonderful!!! We ate arranged dinners on Monday night and Wednesday night (a nice Chinese restaurant and then a nice Thai restaurant respectively). Tuesday and Thursday we were on our own. The days we were on our own we went to a mall and had food at the food court (I picked Shanghai style pork chops and rice) and the other day we went to Lantau Island and saw the biggest sitting Buda in the world eating at a hot pot restaurant that evening. The night we all had Thai food the group rode the tram to Victoria Peak. The tram is very steep!

After the finance meeting ended on Thursday and after we visited the Buda but before dinner, we went to a fishing village called Tai O. While there we took a little boat ride to see if we could see any dolphins. Unfortunately we did not see any but it was nice to be on the water where it was at least a bit cooler.

All in all it was a nice trip. I will definitely go back to Hong Kong at some point. I really like it there... I can't exactly explain why, but that just means that if you as the reader ever get a chance to go, you should! I highly recommend it :-)

No comments: